connecting to a wireless network

smiler99 20:42 17 Dec 07

Hi Everyone,

I recently got a wireless router when I got Sky broadband. Back then I was unable to set it up. In the meantime I have had my hard drive replaced on my laptop and now when I try and set up the wireless connection I am having no joy at all. When I go to network connections there is no sign of anything such as wireless connections.

Is this because my hard drive has been replaced????

I know my laptop is/was enabled because a window used to pop up and tell me there was no wireless connection available.

Any suggestions would be helpful as I am clueless. Thanks........

Diodorus Siculus 20:49 17 Dec 07

Can you connect with a cable?

Do you have the drivers for the wifi receiver installed?

smiler99 21:00 17 Dec 07

I can connect with a cable and have installed everything again with the cd etc. But still no option in the network connections tab - would this be because my hard drive was replaced?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:01 17 Dec 07

would this be because my hard drive was replaced?
No

Start -run - type services.msc press ok - scroll down to Wireless Zero configuration and make sure it has started.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…