Connecting to Virgin Broadband

Templar1961 18:29 01 Apr 04

I got my broadband modem, plugged in and got two green lights which I thought indicated the connection was active?

I have been unable to connect and get the following error message:

Error 769: The specified destination is not reachable

Any ideas?

computernerdiamnot 18:33 01 Apr 04

just a thought you did not mention it have you inserted the installation disk.........

Boluwd 18:36 01 Apr 04

Try this link for Virgin troubleshooter

click here

Templar1961 18:37 01 Apr 04

I inserted the installation disk and drivers appear to have installed ok...

computernerdiamnot 19:05 01 Apr 04

Right... I have got virgin BB so lets go through it disk loaded usb modem plugged in filter plugged in to all phone extensions unplug any more you have because you only have two filters. on desktop you should have two icons one speedtouch connection and one dr speedtouch i have just remembered did you phone back virgin on the national rate number and register that you have got the modem that is what i had to do. it should be a straight forward connection. the national rate number is 0845 650 1000 do not be fobbed of to call premium rate number also i know it sounds stupid but have you changed your user name to the new one .

Templar1961 19:54 06 Apr 04

Thanks for your responses - turned out I had been sent a faulty CD!

Now happily online after receiving a new CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…