Connecting VCR to PC via VGA

pwalsh54 13:20 12 Feb 09

Hi guys, I'm new here and I need some help connecting a VCR to my PC with some step by step instructions.

I have the Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Notebook which has a VGA port on the side. I bought a Scart to VGA cable and nothing really happens when I plug it in appart from my screen changes dimensions.

All I am wanting to do is create movie files from VHS tapes. I know I did this before a few years back using an S Video lead but my PC only has the VGA port.

I previously used Windows Movie Maker to capture the VHS and create media files.

Please can anyone help me? Can I use the Scart to VGA cable I bought to do this? What is the cheapest option. Thanks in advance.

ex-wirecutter 13:31 12 Feb 09

I am not an expert but is it possible the VGA port on your notebook is for output only ?
If so you will need a device to adapt the VGA output from your VCR to connect to your USB port .

pwalsh54 13:43 12 Feb 09

You mean something like this?

[URL]click here [/URL]

ex-wirecutter 14:06 12 Feb 09

No that's far too expensive , I use a little gadget called " Xtremeit easy grabber " , only cost a few pounds and includes editing software .

ex-wirecutter 14:26 12 Feb 09

Try this click here

ex-wirecutter 11:34 13 Feb 09

Even if my suggestion was no use , it would have been nice to get a " thank you for trying" .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now