Connecting two PCs to the Net

Digit 13:05 27 Aug 05

Hi I have two PC side by side as it was the most convenient place to have them one is connected to the net by a 330 modem.

I have two modems both 330 of the same make, I tried putting a split connector where my BT socket is and connected both PC into it using the two modems and ADSL Filters independently from the two computers.

This does not work as I thought only one would connect, can any one suggest how I can if possible use the two together or give advice on what to do or buy.

Digit

Zaphod Beeblebrox 14:05 27 Aug 05

2 network cards and a cross over cable instal 1 card in each machine attatch cable connect one machine to the net then share the connection with the other would be the cheapest option

the machine directly connected to the internet would have to be on for the other to connect

2 network cards 1 router 2 patch leads more expensive but gives independance to each machine

or wireless 1 router 2 adaptors eliminating wires

a few ideas for you to have a look at hope it is of some help

Digit 14:22 27 Aug 05

Zaphod Beeblebrox

OK thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…