Connecting two PC's

peterleemaxwell 12:00 25 Feb 08

I have a D/T and a laptop. I would like to connect the two of them via a 'crossover' usb cable. As I have never done this what could I achieve? By this I mean, what could I then do with each machine? Obviously only those who have done this would have a fuller knowledge. Thanks.

Pamy 12:18 25 Feb 08

Mainly to transfer ,backup and share files between them. You could store data on the larger HDD and access it from the laptop(smaller HDD)

peterleemaxwell 23:20 25 Feb 08

Thanks Pamy. Could I run a programme/software off one PC through to the other? For example, say I had P.S.P on one could I then 'run/use' it from the other? This saves having to load an application on both PC's.

Pamy 23:26 25 Feb 08

I do not think so. You would have to have the actual program on each machine, you could then access data from one machine to the other ie. pictures, music files and so forth.

brundle 23:31 25 Feb 08

Agree with Pamy on the last point. Make sure it is a dedicated designed-for-the-job `crossover` USB cable, connecting PC USBs with an ordinary USB plug-to-plug cable will damage both.

peterleemaxwell 23:43 25 Feb 08

Thanks to you both. I feel the idea I had will not work. I was hoping to master/slave the applications.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5