Connecting TV to Wireless Network

Chris_J 16:32 16 Apr 08

Hi everyone,

I have a Buffalo NAS drive sat on my network which is used to backup my PCs and storage of media content.

I would like to somehow connect my TV to the network wirelessly so that I can stream the content of the NAS to the TV and watch home movies or play music etc.

Currently, if I want to do this, I have to connect up my laptop using the TV's VGA port and rig up the sound to the surround speakers etc, which gets a bit annoying.

I'd imagine this device as some kind of mini PC with a wireless NIC which would serve the TV.

Is there anything out there that would suit my requirements and preferably something you have tried?

Thanks in advance.

dms05 19:25 16 Apr 08

This might work

click here

Chris_J 21:25 21 Apr 08

Cheers, but I think that is more for streaming connect from my TV to PCs on the network or remotely, rather than the other way around.

I need to stream media stored on my network to my TV somehow.

john bunyan 19:30 22 Apr 08

There is a nice Linksys 2000 which attaches to the TV and lets you stream stuff from a PC wireless neywork. Only works on Vista.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…