FEEBS 11:15 27 Feb 04

I have a Toshiba Satellite A30 laptop which I wish to connect to the TV (Toshiba 28W8DB) to view DVD's. I've followed the instructions (such as they are) in the manual the only time I got a picture it was in black and white. All other times I get no picture at all. The two are connected via S-video cable. The laptop is using InterVideo WinDVD 4.
What I get on laptop screen is not exactly what is forecast in the manual.
Can anyone offer any advice - don't say contact Toshiba, they've been of no help at all!

Gongoozler 11:53 27 Feb 04

Hi FEEBS, I don't know anything about the Toshiba Satellite, but when the tv only displays in black and white, it is usually because the source is working in the American NTSC system, and the receiver is working in the European PAL system. Check your Toshiba to see if you can change the video from NTSC to PAL, or if your tv can be switched to NTSC.

FEEBS 13:02 27 Feb 04

Thanks I'll try that.(if I can get a picture at all) Watch this space.

johnnyrocker 13:07 27 Feb 04

click here and have a read, this is what i use for viewing on tv and vcr taping (seperate audio input) check if you have an nvidia graphics card.

FEEBS 13:52 27 Feb 04

Hi Johnnyrocker
Thanks but I haven't got an nvidia graphics card - mine's an Intel GM/GME Graphics controller integrated. Good web site though.

FEEBS 10:26 01 Mar 04

I've now got a picture but it's still in black and white - I've tried changing the settings for about 6 different PAL types and NTSC without success. There's no sound either but that may be because there is no audio connection in an S-Video cable. ( I don't know about these things). I've got a DVD player coming soon so the requirement for viewing via laptop will cease. Thank you all for taking the time to try and help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…