Connecting a Sony BPS570 Blu-ray player to the internet

Mike_R 14:23 PM 15 Nov 12

MySony BDPS570 will not pick up the wireless signal from my router which is sited about 12 feet away through two breeze block walls. A laptop placed next to the BDPS570 has no difficulty in making a connection. In the past I have overcome this problem by using two Netgear AV200 Powerline devices. However, I now require the Powerlines for a TalkTalk Youview connection and am looking for a cheap and elegent method of reconnecting the BDPS570. I could just buy another ethernet cable and swap it for the Youview one when I want to use the 570 but that seems a bit of a fag.

Can I use another set of Powerlines which would not be cheap as I would need ones with through 13 amp sockets? At each end of the circuit every connection is fed from one two gang socket. Is there any wireless dongle which would plug into the BDPS570 and replace or boost its weak wireless reception?

Thanks in avance for any reply.

chunhat1 13:23 PM 18 Nov 12
  Mike_R 17:37 PM 20 Nov 12

Thanks Beta. A switch certainly looks the neatest and cheapest option.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…