Connecting Sony Blu Ray to BT Homehub

stevefinnie 16:08 PM 07 Jan 11

I have wirelessly connected my Sony Blu Ray player to the BT Homehub but, although the player connects to the hub it can't connect to the internet. Can anybody help?

stevefinnie 16:19 PM 07 Jan 11

I should have said that I get a message saying ensure the DHCP server is active - what does that mean?

mgmcc 16:22 PM 07 Jan 11

Have you "Connected" properly to the router, i.e. scanned for available wireless networks, selected the one whose SSID matches that of your router and "Connected" to it? You would have to enter any WEP/WPA/WPA2 encryption key in order to log in to the wireless network.

mgmcc 16:24 PM 07 Jan 11

>>> ensure the DHCP server is active

That suggests that it cannot find the DHCP server (the router) from which to get its IP address. This also suggests that you haven't connected properly to the wireless network.

stevefinnie 16:24 PM 09 Jan 11

got it sorted - the blu ray was picking up the router but, for whatever reason, the DHCP server wouldn't automatically assign an IP address

I manually set the IP address and it is now connected to the internet

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…