connecting sky too the internet

mammak 21:32 07 Jul 03

Hi this most probably is a silly question on a computer forum, but i will give it a shot , we have just got our first sky box we will be up and running on thursday, we until now have only had cable,at our last place,going through the manual it refer,s to a telephone line connection, sending email ect, excuse my stupidity folk,s but doe,s anyone know how in hope mammak

snoresloudly 21:46 07 Jul 03

Not a silly question at all, from what I can gather (having had sky for years) is that as part of the contract the box has to be connected to the telephone for 12 months (never figured out why) to send e-mails it needs to be connected and also you need a keyboard (surprise!! available at extra cost) you can then access the e-mail option and send messages although it is easier and quicker on the internet! it is a "poor mans" version of the internet and at a vastly more expensive cost too.Hope this answers your query and enjoy the repeats!!!!!!

VoG II 21:51 07 Jul 03

Yep, if this is anything like Blueyonder's e-mail it would be quicker to chisel your message onto a piece of wood and deliver it by hand to Antarctica.

I think that they are sent/received quickly enough; it just takes forever to display them and do anything useful with them using your telly.

VoG II 21:52 07 Jul 03

N.B. I meant Blueyonder's TV e-mail. The regular (internet/POP3) e-mail is fine.

mammak 22:28 07 Jul 03

Cheer,s for that folk,s i think i might stick with the pc and let let him in door,s lol flick about with the remote, thank,s again to your response, regard,s Mammak

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…