connecting samsung vp-d55 to laptop

burge10 10:31 20 Nov 05

I've just taken delivery of my shiney new laptop which has come with a firewire port on the front. I'm keen to capture some video of my new son and bought a firewire 4 pin to 4 pin lead to connect my samsung vp-d55. Having now spent the best part of a couple of hours trying to get the computer to recognise the camera i've given up. Nothing at all happens when i plug it in. Any help would be fantastic.

pj123 12:11 20 Nov 05

You need a capture program. Something like Pinnacle Studio 9 click here

or if your laptop has a DVD rewriter and you have Nero you can use that to capture.

burge10 16:42 20 Nov 05

the laptop came with a dvd rewriter and a software package called Roxio. when this is running and i connect the camera it doesn't pick up that its been connected. I've tried it with Windows Movie Maker but no joy either.

pj123 14:21 21 Nov 05

Don't know much about Roxio but unless it has a "Capture Video" module (as Nero does) you will still need a capture program.

You can get the Nero version that I use from click here

for £6.87 plus postage. (scroll down)

If you go for Nero you will need to uninstall Roxio as the two don't get on together. I tend to use Pinnacle Studio 9 more than Nero as I found Nero dropped too many frames.

I got my Pinnacle Studio 9 from Ebuyer - cost was £24 but looks like it has come down a bit.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…