Connecting PSP to wireless network.

wrg 10:23 18 Jun 07

Morning all.

Not sure if this is the correct place this request but it is computer related. I bought a PSP for my son over the weekend. I have tried to get it to connect to the internet but it wont connect. When I try I keep getting the error message "Connection error cannot establish a connection to the access point. Check N/W security settings". I am sure I have done everything correct. My N/W security settings are as follows. Authentication is WPA2 & WPA (psk) and WPA encryption is TKIP & AES. When setting the connection in the PSP I have set it up using infrastructure mode. When it scans for a N/W it finds it as WPA-PSK(TKIP). When it prompts for a password it allows me to set it under WPA-PSK(TKIP) or WPA-PSK(AES). I am 100% certain that I have the correct password, I have tried the password under both of the options above still no joy. I do have the wireless key on on the PSP. Just wondering if I am missing something simple (apart from my brain that is). Any help would be appreciated.

johnnyrocker 10:34 18 Jun 07

you could also try the networking forum.

johnny.

wrg 10:36 18 Jun 07

johnny

Is there any way I can post it to the networking forum rather than re-type?

johnnyrocker 10:49 18 Jun 07

copy/paste?

johnny.

wrg 10:51 18 Jun 07

funnily enough just thought of that and did it.

johnnyrocker 10:53 18 Jun 07

great minds:)

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…