Connecting to printer

Iceman244 20:55 03 Jan 08

I took my laptop to work in order to use it and wanted to use the printer by my desktop PC at work, which is a Kyocera FS-1010.

When I connected my printer lead to from my laptop to the work printer it said new hardware detected etc.

It ended up asking for software / drivers and as I cannot connect to the internet with my laptop at work I could not use the printer.

Someone has told me that I just need to download the drivers for the correct Kyocera printer model and then it will work, which I have done at home this evening and saved in my C drive.

Can someone tell me if this information is correct and that if all I need to do now is connect the lead again tomorrow, open up the saved driver file and click run etc.

If someone can help I will be most grateful as it will make life at work much much easier.

Regards

Ice

MAJ 21:13 03 Jan 08

Yes that should work okay, Iceman244. But if you're using XP and the driver you download is an exe file, run the file first before connecting the printer, take note of the folder the drivers are installed to. Then when the printer is detected, choose to find the drivers automatically. If it can't find the drivers, point it to the installation folder you took note of.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…