connecting pcs together by usb ports

dickie1234 19:28 14 Nov 09

Can anyone give me a link to where i can dowload any free software to link pcs by the usb socket i know that you can use laplink to do this but is there a free program that will do the same job?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:35 14 Nov 09

You cannot do it direct, you need a special USB LINK CABLE click here the software comes with the cable.

ArrGee 00:05 15 Nov 09

Are you looking at migrating an entire set of applications from one PC to another?

If so, then nLite might be the solution
click here

Otherwise, if you are looking to simply move documents, then you can use file-sharing or a VPN such as Hamachi.

click here

woodchip 00:10 15 Nov 09

As above I have used a USB Link Cable in the past and its okay for moving files back and forth, without going through networking hoops

woodchip 00:12 15 Nov 09

click here

click here

they all do the same job

click here

ArrGee 00:12 15 Nov 09

Crikey, I have a PC Advisor stalker in the name of woodchip!!

This link may also be of help:
click here

dickie1234 13:58 15 Nov 09

oh well never mind i thought by now there would be software that would let you connect directly via the usb ports ill just have to keep transferring data with flashdrives they are cheaper then buying cables and you can get an 8Gb flashdrive dirt cheap these days
if you go on the net you will find a 128Gb flash drive if you are willing to pay silly money

dickie1234 14:04 15 Nov 09

i forgot to thank everyone who replied to my post thanks for your input everyone i need to transfer around 50Gb of data to three different pcs the data is on one pc and i need to get it on the other three as well i will just have to do it the hard way

Terry Brown 14:40 15 Nov 09

With that amount of data, Do you have a USB drive that you could load the data to, and then just plug the Drive into each machine in turn.

This would be a lot simpler and quicker.
Terry

dickie1234 13:49 16 Nov 09

i've been thinking about getting an external usb hard drive for a while now i think it is about time i invested in one! As you say Terry it would be the quickest and easiest way to do it but also if i had the data on an external drive i wouldnt even need to put it on the other pcs i could just plug the drive into whichever pc i was using at that moment so i will go down that route thanks again to everyone who responded to my post

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac