Connecting to PC

Digital X 23:32 27 Jun 04

I wanted to know how I can connect my hifi to my PC? The cable that I have is 3.5mm stereo plug to 2 phono. Ive put the stereo plug into the sound card and the 2 phono into Audio IN on the hifi and selected AUX but doesen't seem to work.

Can you advise me as to the correct cable needed and the procedure to connect?

Thanks in advance

woodchip 23:39 27 Jun 04

You connect the Phono to the speaker outlets of Hi-Fi
and the mini jack goes into line in on sound card

hugh-265156 00:01 28 Jun 04

as above but the mini jack goes into 'line out' socket

Digital X 09:44 28 Jun 04

Ive connected to rear line out , front line out but nothing seems to happen when i put it on AUX.

I have though got the radio off my hifi to play through the monitors built in speakers. I have got the two phonos red and white on my monitor too.

Thanks in advance

stlucia 10:08 28 Jun 04

If you're trying to get your hifi into your PC (rather than your PC sound into your hifi), you need to plug your mini jack into the line-in on your sound card, as woodchip said.

But in your original post you say that you've plugged the phono plugs into Audio IN on your hifi -- that should be Audio OUT. If you haven't got an Audio OUT, or a line-out on your hifi, you can connect to the speaker outlets instead. But if you use the speaker outlets you need to be careful that the volume on your hifi is turned down quite low, otherwise you might damage your PC sound card. You will also (theoretically) get more distortion if you use the speaker outlet instead of line-out.

woodchip 15:53 28 Jun 04

It should be LINE IN

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…