Connecting to Orange Livebox

tonyt1151 18:09 27 May 08

I have just returned from my Father's where I tried connecting my wireless laptop to his Livebox. The laptop found the wireless signal and asked for the security key which I thought was the 22 digit number on the label on the base of the Livebox. I entered this number but was unable to connect. Is the correct procedure? if not where or how can I get the correct key? He has a laptop using the Livebox wirelessly. We both have Vista O/S

tonyq 19:00 27 May 08

It is the Security Code number that you need on the base of the Livebox I think it is 26 digit,I would make sure you use upper case letters,also make sure you have the livebox in pairing mode by pressing the "1" button on the back of the livebox before you click on connect on the laptop.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:10 27 May 08
  tonyt1151 19:38 27 May 08

tonyq
Thanks for that info. I was using the correct code number but didn't have livebox in pairing mode.Would I need to install any Livebox software into my laptop or is just a case of entering code and putting L/box in pairing mode? Also would any of this affect my father's pc

tonyq 20:01 27 May 08

tonyt1151
if your laptop is wireless enabled or whatever they call it you should be able to connect without any other software,neither should it affect your fathers PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…