Connecting from one network to another

FOEYDO 13:41 14 Feb 07

Hi, I have a laptop currently connected to my adsl wireless and network (2 other pcs), this is a secure connection with a wep number. I run a property management company and am having wireless adsl installed at one of my clients houses. I will be taking delivery of their installation without the clients laptop being present. I want to take my laptop with to test it works. How do I disconnect from my network and connect to his new one? Then how do I reconnect back to mine, will I have to put the wep key back in, will I be able to reconnect to my other 2 pcs straightaway?

Big sigh, then when my client arrives how will I connect his laptop to his newly installed wireless adsl? What is involved in making his network secure??
Step by step instructions appreciated thanks

recap 14:02 14 Feb 07

I think you will have to start the network wizard from scratch to gain access to the clients system.

Once connected, you will notice in Network Neighbourhood that there should be two networks to connect to. One should be your own and the other your clients.

mgmcc 14:23 14 Feb 07

<<< How do I disconnect from my network >>>

*DO NOT* disconnect from your own wireless network. When you boot the laptop at the Client's location it won't find your network and so cannot try to connect to it.

<<< and connect to his new one? >>>

Scan for "Available Wireless Networks", highlight the one that matches the Client's SSID and select the option to "Connect" to it. You will then have to enter any WEP/WPA encryption key.

<<< Then how do I reconnect back to mine, >>>

Provided you didn't select the option to "Disconnect" from it, when the laptop finds the network again it will connect automatically.

<<< will I have to put the wep key back in, >>>

No.

<<< will I be able to reconnect to my other 2 pcs straightaway? >>>

Yes.

I would suggest that you *DON'T* run the network wizard or you may mess up the connection to your own network.

FOEYDO 17:42 14 Feb 07

Thanks a lot. How do I set up a wep or secure network for my client, can I do this on my laptop before he arrives without messing my network up?
Best regards Sasha

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…