Connecting Notebook to Television

Pip58 20:02 02 Dec 09

I have connectec my notebook by HDMI cable to the television. Picture excellent but can't seem to get sound audio from television - its only coming through the speakets on the notebook. Any help and advice would be appreciated.
Mant thanks.

ArrGee 20:05 02 Dec 09
  Woolwell 20:17 02 Dec 09

You don't state which OS or any details about your notebook. There may be an option under playback devices to select speakers or HDMI output.

BRYNIT 21:10 02 Dec 09

It may depend on the audio manager.

If you have Realtek HD Audio Manager installed click on the icon to the right of the taskbar or go to control panel/Realtek audio manager you should find HDMI output, you will need to set this as the default device. Sometime you may need to reboot to activate. To get it back to the Notebook speakers you may have to set these as default.

grey george 21:26 02 Dec 09

As said above I have to choose HDMI sound from the sound manager before I load up the programme I intend use whether that be explorer or media player.

Pip58 00:11 03 Dec 09

Thanks to BRYNIT and grey george - have succeeded!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…