Connecting Netbook to TV? HELP?

TinaL1984 16:33 10 Jan 11

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire One Netbook. It doesnt have a HDMI port. I wish to connect it to my TV and have got the VGA cable or is it RGA? Well it works anyway and i can get the picture on the TV. The only problem i have is the audio.

I read somewhere that I needed a 3mm jack to 3mm jack audio cable which would make sense as there is a port for this on the TV with audio RGA/DIV written above it and so I have ordered one, but ive been waiting ages for it to come and was wondering if in the meantime there was another way? There are other ports on the TV labelled as audio, but with three holes 9red yellow and white) and I do have cables that have a 3mm jack at one end and a red yellow white whatever its called at the other end, but when i tried them they didn seem to work, but im not sure i was doing it right or using the right ports etc etc. Any help getting the audio working would be appreciated :)

woodchip 17:15 10 Jan 11

Earphone Jack

natdoor 17:30 10 Jan 11

The three connectors are almost cetainly RCA composite video (yellow) and L (white) and R (red) audio inputs. You should be able to check with your TV manual. It is possible to get a jack to RCA converter click here but, as you are awaiting delivery of another cable, it ill only help if you have one to hand.

TinaL1984 18:01 10 Jan 11

thanks natdoor, i thought it was a long shot. Just rang play.com chasing my order only to find it was cancelled anyway coz the sellers either gone out of business or has none in stoke....nice of them to tell me! Ordered another so hopefully it'll be here in a few days :D Guess ill just have 2 b patient and wait!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…