Connecting my Polaroid PDC640CF camera to my PC

MartynHoll 15:15 06 Jan 03
  MartynHoll 15:15 06 Jan 03

I have successfully connected my digital camera to my desktop PC (via a USB port) and now am able to download my pictures.
I was also supplied with a serial port cable, so I thought I would use this to connect my camera to my laptop. When I try this, I get the message that the PC cannot 'see' the camera.
Do I have to make any changes to the serial port configuration?

woodchip 15:17 06 Jan 03

Have you loaded the drives and software from the CD

MartynHoll 15:31 06 Jan 03

Yes, the camera appears in the windows explorer window as an icon and when I click on the icon it starts a search window for the camera which checks the USB ports and serial ports but cannot find it.
I know the camera is OK and I would hope that the cable is OK as it is brand new!

woodchip 15:46 06 Jan 03

the cable is OK as it is brand new! Does not mean it is. If you have USB on your Laptop and you know it works on your desktop why not just use that.

hgrock 15:55 06 Jan 03

check to see what com port it is using 1 or 2 if you use dial up modem or serial mouse it may be using the same address, also check that the port is enabled in the bios. load the software and tell it which port the camera is connected to 1 or 2 and have the camera switched on and connecten when installing the software

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…