Connecting my laptop to TV

chaztait 14:08 30 Dec 04

Hi i have heard that it is possible to connect a laptop to a TV and it was just to ask what you do it with. Or should i say what kind of cable is it and how much does it cost?

Thanxs

Chaz

Graham ® 14:54 30 Dec 04

Try one of these

click here

Be aware you will not get a good picture. Note also you will need a separate cable if you want sound.

chaztait 14:57 30 Dec 04

at the side of the laptop there are threee jacks Green Red and Yellow the green is sound the red is the mic and the yellow i think is for to link up to the TV

Stuartli 14:59 30 Dec 04

Laptops, because they are so often used for presentations etc, have a video output.

Your manual should detail the method to be used along with the audio setup.

Graham ® 15:02 30 Dec 04

As with your other post, you don't give the make and model of your laptop. If you do, we can look it up and browse the spec and manual.

Stuartli 15:03 30 Dec 04

As pointed out yellow is used for video input/output indication.

chaztait 15:03 30 Dec 04

ok it is a Sony Vaio PCG-K215B

Graham ® 17:53 30 Dec 04

Now we can see it has VGA Monitor Out and built-in Wireless LAN for surfing at Wi-Fi hotspots

click here

Hotspots and providers

click here

chaztait 20:19 30 Dec 04

thanxs

chaz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…