Connecting to my friends pc

Timich 12:42 19 Feb 03

Hi Guys,

This is probably so simple that I'm going to make myself look like a complete idiot :)

I want to connect to my mates pc, I got dial up, he's got broadband. I'm running xp. How do I start?

Lozzy 12:50 19 Feb 03

First are the PC's in the same room or building? If yes, then you need 2 10/100 ethernet cards one Xover (not patch) RJ45 cable insert the cards attach the cable then follow the wizard to create a network on XP and the other PC..

if you do a search on Google you will find many helpful websites to assist

Timich 12:53 19 Feb 03

No, he's on the other side of the city :)

Lozzy 12:54 19 Feb 03

Then you can but your into major expence

Timich 12:57 19 Feb 03

I just want to connect. dial up to dial up on win95 was no problem, but xp doesn't make it clear as to how to 'dial-up' his broadband pc. We only want to play AoM.

Lozzy 13:01 19 Feb 03

yes you can use dial-up but not dial-up and broadband needs to be the same connection type.. Your question reads as if you wanted to create a home network. Please be specific in your question to get the correct answers back

Timich 13:03 19 Feb 03

So you're saying that it's impossible?

That I need to get broadband?

Arhhhh... that's terrible!

Lozzy 13:05 19 Feb 03

yes

deadneat 13:07 19 Feb 03

AoM ? What is this.
I have connected to Quake 3 games by knowing a friends IP address and entering it in the appropriate place.
Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…