Connecting my Bluetooth mobile

happyhotspur 09:46 04 Nov 10

Hi My laptop is not bluetooth enabled so I purchased one of these mini USB Bluetooth gadgets, but when I plug it into the USB port and the driver software loads up it tells me that the device is a bluetooth radio. When I try to find my bluetooth enabled mobile it cannot find it. I know I purchased the correct thing at PC World but I really don't understand what is going on.

It did at first recognise that there was a bluetooth phone but when I tried to marry the two up it would not find the phone.

Anybody got any idea's or will I have to purchase a cable to connect the phone to the laptop.

I am running windows 7

mooly 12:00 04 Nov 10

Strange to say I just the other day paired a new mobile to my laptop (Vista) using an old Cable and Wireless dongle... and it worked.

As always can't remember exact steps but I just let Vista install the dongle and turned bluetooth on the phone on. Clicked the bluetooth system tray icon to find devices and phone was there. Had to enter a pass key into phone that appeared on the screen when picking the phone as item to connect to? (I think it was that way round) to pair the device and not to always ask for permission to connect.

Do you have to make your phone discoverable ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…