Connecting a mobile phone to a pc ?

wine man 15:53 28 Sep 04

I need some help if anyone is able.

I have a Sony Ericsson P900 phone which I am trying to connect to a Sony VGN-S1 XP. After installing the software the icon on the task bar shows that the phone is connected but when I try to open the phone in explorer to syncronise it shows the phone is not connected.

I have spoken to Sony Ericsson who say the connection is correct and the issue is with Symantec Norton Firewall. However I can not see how I can configure this ? I am contacting Norton but any assistance would be gratefully received.

Has anyone had similar problems ?

recap 16:00 28 Sep 04

Try disabling the firewall whilst you configure your phone.

wine man 16:15 28 Sep 04

Thanks for the response - I have tried disabling the firewall to no avail ?

recap 16:17 28 Sep 04

When you have the phone connected, open the Device Manager in the Control Panel to see if there is the yellow exclamation mark against the device. If there is then it is most likely to be a driver issue?

wine man 16:31 28 Sep 04

Thanks again Recap. I have checked the device manager and no problems are indicated for drivers all looks in order...it's very frustrating.

recap 09:27 29 Sep 04

Have you tried plugging it in to a different USB port?

wine man 10:14 29 Sep 04

Yes, with no success.

If it was not for the fact that it worked on a previous laptop I would think I had a duff phone / pc.

All assistance is appreciated though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…