connecting a Linsky WAG54Gs over BT Broad band

djsmithy 10:25 10 Sep 06

Help... I've used the CD set up to do the configuration but used a new user and password not my BT one. Is this why I cannot access the web utility on the gateway? My previous internet connection was over an external modem which now I believe should be replaced by the Linsky gateway?

vitrocmax 21:37 11 Sep 06

Your username and password in the Linksys should be the same as you would previously have logged in with on your PC.

You are right that your Linksys gateway is connected directly to the internet which is why it needs your details to be correct.

djsmithy 22:55 11 Sep 06

Thanks for the help. Do I now need to set the gateway back to factory settings run the CD install again and use my BT broadband userid and password. I believe I also need to turn off direct dial in my internet options?

vitrocmax 23:34 11 Sep 06

In 'Internet Options' select 'never dial connection'

On your gateway you can change your details without resetting - go to the setup page, ovrtype with the correct details and then 'save settings' - at the bottom of the page.

When you are happy that the setup is stable and working on the Linksys, go to Admin, Backup & Restore, and make a backup of your settings. Then you don't have to remember them. Change your password at the same time, if you haven't already.

djsmithy 01:27 12 Sep 06

Many thanks!

ade.h 16:40 12 Sep 06

click here Linksys security config for when you need it.

djsmithy 23:15 13 Sep 06

Thanks for the input

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…