Connecting to Lexmark 1270 Over Network XP & Vista

Lorenzo 15:19 11 Sep 09

Hi Everyone,

I have an XP Pc and a Vista *64 Bit Laptop networked together using a Wireless Router.

There is a Lexmark 1270 printer connected to the XP machine Via. the USB port, but when I try to connect to the printer using the Laptop over the network I get a communication error.

The Driver package downloaded from the Lexmarks website as been installed on the Laptop again with communication problems but lets the drivers be installed anyway.

Does anyone no of a solution as this would be gratefully appreciated.

Many Thanks - Laurence

zarobian 17:36 11 Sep 09

First of all install full lexmark software on your laptop. During the process you may be asked if you wish to setup up your printer say yes to it. When asked type of connection select wireless.
You may be asked to provide password for the router. The rest is straight forward.
Then reinstall lexmark software on your desktop using usb cable. During the process say no to setup the printer and select you want to add another printer option.For type of connection select network printer.Now remove your usb cable and connect your desktop network cable to your router. Good luck.

zarobian 08:16 03 Oct 09

If your problem has been solved,please place a tick in the resolved box and close this post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5