connecting a laptop to wireless

foysol-1231457 23:34 25 Jan 08

hi, i recently set up a wireless router on my main pc. When I search for internet connections on my laptop it finds my broadband but when i click on it, it tries to connect but always fails. Do I need to put any settings in or anything in the laptop first?

p.s im on virgin media cable connection incase it is relevant.

setecio 10:11 26 Jan 08

If you read the wireless section in the manual it will show you ... we would just be repeating what it says.

Does the main PC work now and is the wired setup

outside cable>cable modem>wireless router>main PC

foysol-1231457 11:59 27 Jan 08

the wireless section for the laptop simply says to search and connect. My main PC works and the router works because I was able to connect my games console to it. Someone mentioned to me that I may have to install some Virgin Media installation CD, is this correct?

M.Mostafa 14:07 27 Jan 08

I had a laptop Fujitsu Amilio Pro 3505, the wireless button on/off is not working and so the wireless indicator. i tried to uninstall and re-install the driver [IntelĀ® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG] but nothing happen.
please can anyone help me???

foysol-1231457 15:18 27 Jan 08

I have run a diagnosis and it says that there is no network adaptor installed, but the laptop has one built in, i searched and i found it, tried to reinstall but nothing happened

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…