Connecting a Laptop to a TV

Stonks 11:44 15 Aug 07

Hi,
I have an Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi 1505 laptop with Vista Home Premium installed on it, and I have rigged it up to my Samsung 32" HD Ready TV via the VGA port. I have routed the graphics output to the VGA port, however, I can only get around half-a-second's picture up on the TV, which then goes blank and says there is no signal.

What should I do?

Thanks

ambra4 05:40 16 Aug 07

With laptop up and running plug connect a normal monitor into the VGA port connection on the laptop

Using the Fn-F4 hold down the Fn (function) key and press the F4 key the display will switch each time you press the F4 key

Laptop display only

External display only

Both laptop and external

Once you are getting a display from the VGA port on the laptop plug in the VGA cable to the TV VGA port

Using the TV remote control there should be a button mark Input, Video, Source, etc press until VGA port appear on screen

Not sure how many video Input you have on the TV but every time you press the button the screen should change and show Video 1, Video 2, S video, VGA, TV etc

The TV should works like a fully functional monitor with a 1360x768 (widescreen) resolution

With a picture on the TV go into the laptop setting and adjust the resolution

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009