Connecting Laptop to PC with Cross over

stemac3021 23:59 22 Sep 06

Right, Where to start.

Trying to link my Laptop with PC to share connection and files. Have Crossover cable Run network setup.

Problem is laptop will not access internet (ICS enable on PC) Connect to Net thru USB connection and have a Ethernet connection on laptop and PC

Whatever i do i cannot access anything on Laptop from PC but can access files on PC.

Can anyone help me from here?
Thanx

Strawballs 00:22 23 Sep 06
  stemac3021 00:52 23 Sep 06

I hav followed th instrctions on the link bit by bit, still not internet access on laptop and cannot access files in PC, saying not accessible and don't have permission to access this network resource. I'm logged in as administrator tho!

any help?

Strawballs 20:20 23 Sep 06

Have you tried turning off any firewalls just to rule them out, if you have 3rd party firewall once you have turned it off go into control panel and check windows firewall is off because it can switch on when 3rd party is switched off.

stemac3021 20:24 23 Sep 06

already done that. I can access files in my laptop from Pc but not vice versa and can't connect to net on laptop either

Strawballs 20:42 23 Sep 06

If on XP run the network wizard from control panel on both machines

stemac3021 21:09 23 Sep 06

On XP and tried that twice, still nothing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…