Connecting Laptop with no HDMI port to TV

gemini-gem 00:10 27 Dec 09

Hi everyone, need some advice on connecting my laptop to my tv to watch Films etc. Laptop has no HDMI port, but TV does. It is an E-SYSTEM 1202 Notebook, it has a VGA-OUT and S-ATA(whatever that is! dont know if thats relevant). Dont know what other info to give about the Laptop. The TV is an LG plasma, model 42LH3000-ZA. Its pretty new but cant find the book to tell you any other info!, but has loads of bits and bobs at the back to connect other devices to it. Can anyone help? I havnt a clue about this!

howard64 11:34 27 Dec 09

the s-ata is to connect an external s-ata hard drive so not relevant to this task. some tvs have a vga port which would allow a vga cable to be plugged between the 2 but you would also need to use a sound cable from the laptop to the tv. If your laptop has a card slot it might be possible to buy a pcmia card with an hdmi socket on it then a simple hdmi cable would connect. I have recently had to replace my graphics card for my desktop and the new card has an hdmi socket and I have connected an hdmi cable from this to my tv and it works fine. I have to press the source button on the tv remote and select hdmi. Nothing has to be done on the pc other than plugging in the hdmi cable for the signal to pass to the tv. Sorry I cannot be any better help for you. It may simply be that your next laptop has to be one with the hdmi socket.

jamesd1981 17:02 27 Dec 09

most new lcd tvs have a vga connection on them if urs has just connect a vga cable from your laptop to vga on tv dont worry if the vga connector on your laptop doesnt have the screw in part you usuaul get it still works just hold back the screw in pins on vga cable and pish it in it still works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…