Connecting laptop to monitor from other pc

grumpy-git 14:07 29 Feb 08

I have an Acer laptop running Vista & would like to be able to use the TFT monitor from my desktop pc for the purpose of editing photos.

So, a few questions. Firstly the connecting lead, is there any sort of adaptor lead or hub which will allow me to easily switch between pc & laptop. Secondly, are any drivers needed or are they loaded automatically?

Probably easy when you know how it's done....

g-g

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:23 29 Feb 08

You need a KVM switch click here

example click here

grumpy-git 14:33 29 Feb 08

Thanks Fruit Bat, I'm beginning to understand it now.

Your solution uses a single keyboard, mouse & monitor to control both machines, but is it possible, or easier, just to share a monitor - meaning I still use the keyboard of the laptop when using the laptop?

g-g

Pamy 15:42 29 Feb 08

look here click here

grumpy-git 15:55 29 Feb 08

Thanks Pamy, I was looking at that on the Belkin site earlier this afternoon. That is still operating the laptop via the desktop keyboard & mouse, which I was trying to avoid.

The desktop pc has a wireless keyboard & mouse, does that cause further complications if I did want to use a Switch2?

g-g

Pamy 16:45 29 Feb 08

Q) I believe that I could use this box (Switch Box VDU 2 Way - VC46A) to switch 1 monitor between 2 computers (perhaps you'd be good enough to confirm this); but is there a switch that will switch one monitor, a wireless mouse and a wireless keyboard board?
A)Yes, this would switch one monitor between two PCs. In order to switch the keyboard and mouse as well, you need a KVM (instead of, not as well as). Order codes such as - A84CZ or A68AW

Is this what you want, then look here click here

grumpy-git 17:44 29 Feb 08

That looks like it might be the answer Pamy.

Wonder how much signal loss there is & how it exactly shows, do images appear lighter or darker on the screen - or what other effect might it have?

g-g

Pamy 17:50 29 Feb 08

A case of suck it and see i think

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…