connecting laptop-HDTV

aby471 06 Aug 11

i recently bought a new 40 inch samsung HDTV and i wanted to connect it to my laptop but when i connect it to my HDTV using a dvi cable and the audio cable but when i change the source to pc it`s like theres no cable at all plz help me

ps:i dont know my tv`s model

buteman 07 Aug 11

Tv programs need to be changed.

i am connected the same way to a 23" Samsung and there is a button on the top right of the Remote that I have to press if I just want to watch TV or press it another twice to go back to the computer.

It says Source so if yours has that give it a try.

aby471 07 Aug 11

yes like i said i changed the source to pc

buteman 07 Aug 11

Yes sorry aby471 I should have said mine is a Monitor/TV and it worked ok without entering any CD's.

Maybe go into Device Manager.Monitors.And try updating the driver which I suppose is not very easy if you have no picture.

That is the only experience I have had with changing monitors so best waiting for someone else that can help.

aby471 07 Aug 11

ok thx anyway

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message