Connecting iPod touch to wep network

Nessie 18:53 07 Jan 11

I am trying to connect my iPod touch to a wep enabled network. I have put in the password for the network which is correct as if I put the wrong password it tells me it is wrong. When I try and use the internet it tells me that I am not connected. You can put in a network manually and has wep listed so I presume that iPod can cope with wep. There is a tick against the network so it is selected. Any ideas or should I try manual input. Thanks

mgmcc 20:29 07 Jan 11

A WEP key can be either ASCII or Hexadecimal and some network adapters don't like an ASCII key. You can tell by the number of characters which type you're using:

64-bit WEP key uses 5 ASCII or 10 Hex characters.

128-bit WEP uses 13 ASCII or 26 Hex characters.

(ASCII characters are basically the letters, numbers & symbols on the keyboard. Hexadecimal characters are the numbers "0" to "9" and letters "a" to "f" only, a total of 16 available characters.)

lotvic 23:08 07 Jan 11

This may be of help
The iPod Touch can only connect to WiFi networks that are based on the IEEE 802.11b or IEEE 802.11g wireless standards. If security is also configured on the wireless network, the same security protocol used must also be set up on the device to enable a secure connection to be made successfully. The exception to this rule is where a WiFi network has been set up with no security and is open to all WiFi devices. These are called "Free WiFi Hot Spots" and are offered by establishments such as McDonalds as an incentive to visit their stores click here
....then follows a step by step guide to making connection...

and on click here thread mentions about using HEX code from router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…