connecting internet without wires

alibob1526 12:12 PM 13 Aug 11

What are these power plugs that apparently can connect a laptop or desktop to the internet, also phones without the need for wires trailing round the house. Do they exist,,? if so which are best,? & how much do they cost?.

rdave13 13:07 PM 13 Aug 11

For wifi connections a wireless adaptersimilar to these

As for internet wireless phone, another example for Skype

As for the best I don't know. So many of them.

onthelimit1 15:29 PM 13 Aug 11

The Homeplugs allow you to get internet acces in rooms remote from the router, or to get wireless in an area that is blanked from the router. They use the home electricity cabling and cost around 18 quid for the wired and 35 for the wireless version. I've always used Solwise link text

Pine Man 15:36 PM 13 Aug 11

I have recently bought a pair of Solwise Homeplugs for about £35 from Amazon. Absolutely first class product that comes with two ethernet cables, which allowed me to connect my router to the plug upstairs and my TV to the plug downstairs.

Very easy to set up. In fact you just plug them into a nearby 13amp socket then connect your apparatus to them and they work! Highly recommended.

alibob1526 09:56 AM 14 Aug 11

Thanks to those who replied to my query, interesting idea but if it means having to connect an Ethernet cable to my laptop I think I will just stick to my normal wireless system, no extra cables. At least I know a bit more about it, Thank You all.

woodchip 17:58 PM 14 Aug 11

You still need a Internet Broadband Provider and Router

onthelimit1 19:00 PM 14 Aug 11

' but if it means having to connect an Ethernet cable'

No it doesn't - as I said, you need a wired plug at the router end and can have a wireless one elsewhere.

onthelimit1 19:00 PM 14 Aug 11

' but if it means having to connect an Ethernet cable'

No it doesn't - as I said, you need a wired plug at the router end and can have a wireless one elsewhere.

jacklee15 16:15 PM 18 Aug 11

Hey I dont much about this, you can Google it and know more in detail...:)

Thanks and Regards vistaprint.co.nz

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites