connecting to the internet with a wirelessnotebook

ellieane 13:43 27 Jun 04

I have just bought a Tiny mediabook u3000 notebook eith wireless facility and have absolutely no idea how to connect to the internet . I want to use it in wireless mode both in and out of the house. When i use it i will want to be connected to the internet.I have a wireless 11b cardbus with it with the code cb11b2 written on but i cannot find anyone who knows how to set it up. I have a Advent 3207 desk top computer that is connected to broadband, someone has told mo that i need to h get more equpment for this computer before i can run my new laptop . I have been told i need a wireless card for my home computer and some sort of wireless processor. I am at my wits end since i just can't find anyone who knows exactly what i need. I would be very gratefull if anyone can help me.

AndySD 13:55 27 Jun 04

click here

you will also need a either a wireless connection on your pc by adding a pci network card ot usb adapter like click here

or you will need a wireless router connected to you modem but this depends on your connection to the internet.

Lozzy 13:59 27 Jun 04

You need a wireless Gateway access point Router.
To set it up buy a router from any good PC Shop along with a a 10/100 network card if your PC hasn't got one already as well as a RJ45 Patch Cable not XOVER. Connect the RJ45 cable to the router and PC as well as the Broadband connection to the router and your wireless Laptop will auto pick the internet up. If you want to share files between Lappy and PC follow the Network wizard and don't forget after its completed to click share Files and Folders on both machines or you won't be ablr access them.

Don't forget to have the firewall enabled to prevent any peeping toms!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…