Connecting to Internet Radio

hebcat 14:26 PM 18 Jan 11

I just got a new DAB/IPOD dock which has the internet radio facility. I know i need to connect an ethernet cable into the back but what i need to know is this.
Our router in our house is downstairs, we already have an ethernet cable running to our PC upstairs. In order for me to get another ethernet cable to the new DAB radio without having to run another cable from our router is there a possibility of using the existing ethernet upstairs, run that through some kind of device and take 2 ethernet connections from that, one for PC and one for DAB/Internet radio?

All help much appreciated.

dms_05 16:31 PM 18 Jan 11

UUse a network switch. This will allow several LAN cables to be connected, the number depending upon the number of sockets on the switch you buy. Typical is click here and they arre cheap!

Plug the cable from downstairs into the switch and then your new cable to the radio into another LAN socket. It's all 'auto' and doesn't need any set up.

hebcat 19:40 PM 23 Jan 11

Thanks so much, thats worked a treat.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things