Connecting to the internet from abroad

Pooter45 15:24 06 Jul 05

I have Nokia 6230(Orange contract), bluetooth dongle and Wanadoo dial-up, XP, internal modem and current version of IE (unless I can get Fx back). I want to use my Evesham centrino-powered laptop to connect to internet from anywhere in world for email and surfing/blogging, nothing high-powered.

Do I have enough to simply turn on all the bits and go? Are there any particular settings I need - pc's currently on broadband in UK so I shall resort to default for dial-up, at the right time.

Is the connection speed so slow that the phone bill will cream me?

I won't always have the facility to use an internet cafe, even if there is one.

Is there a better ISP than Wanadoo? (jokes allowed!)

Any other thoughts/advice?

Thank you.

stalion 20:17 06 Jul 05

do a search on the internet there are more
click here

briggzy 20:21 06 Jul 05

Hi, your phone should support gprs, you could use this feature for internet use, only used this once before with a pcmcia card and the speed was about 8kbps, with gprs you only pay for the data that is actually tranferred not the time spent connected, call orange to enquire and look in the manual for details about connecting to the laptop.

Pooter45 18:27 07 Jul 05

excellent!

Thank you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…