Connecting to internet

capnsofa 11:04 15 Feb 06

I use the BT Internet service and am having problems with connection.
After entering my e-mail address, I move to the 'password' box, but as soon as I start to enter the details, the cursor jumps back to the previous box.

DieSse 11:31 15 Feb 06

Can you explain further please?

Dial-up or broadband?

Problems with connection? - What problems? - connection to what, internet in general or emails?

Where are you entering your email address - at what time, for what purpose?

capnsofa 12:08 15 Feb 06

It is a broadband connection.
When attempting the initial connection, I am asked to enter the e-mail address and my password.
After entering the e-mail address, I move the cursor to the 'password' box but as soon as I start to type, the cursor jumps back to the 'e-mail' box.

capnsofa 12:08 15 Feb 06

It is a broadband connection.
When attempting the initial connection, I am asked to enter the e-mail address and my password.
After entering the e-mail address, I move the cursor to the 'password' box but as soon as I start to type, the cursor jumps back to the 'e-mail' box.

LAP 15:40 15 Feb 06
  LAP 18:32 16 Feb 06

How are you getting on?

ade.h 20:15 16 Feb 06

I think that Capnsofa has answered the questions satisfactorily.

This sounds to me like it is being caused either by the connection utility or by a more general OS issue. I don't think that it is likely to be the fault of BT's login system.

One more question: are you using some BT software or are you just using the Connection dialogue box that is part of Windows?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos