Connecting a internal sata drive to my pc desktop internally

Daiol 13:02 26 Feb 14
Answered

Good day,I have a spare 320gb sata drive which I want to install it to my desktop running windows 7. The only hitch I got that all the sockets on the mother board are occupied.Is it possible to connect this drive internally with some other way,Have read somewhere on google that you can fit a pci card to overcome this matter. Would this be possible Please and if so what will I need to solve the issue. Many thanks. Daiol.

chub_tor 13:09 26 Feb 14

Does you motherboard have a spare PCIe expansion slot? If so you could use this from Maplin

onthelimit1 13:39 26 Feb 14

...except it says it's discontinued!

bumpkin 13:56 26 Feb 14

You can get a PCI to sata card on ebay for about a fiver, that is what I did and it has 3 sata connections.

Daiol 19:02 26 Feb 14

Buy a SATA controller that uses a PCI or PCI-E slot.

Yea thanks all for the response,Yes I do have a spare slot in the motherboard for a pci card. Can anyone recommend a suitable one for my needs,Does this pci card cover the voltage input as well as the data cable or do I have to find another source for the power to the hdd??.Would this hdd be okay fitted to the bottom of the tower case as there are no hdd slots available as I have two hdd already fitted. Just thought that I would use this spare hdd as an internal backup. Many Thanks. Sorry for delay in replying,School holidays granddaughter been her for the day.

Daiol 14:15 27 Feb 14
Answer

Thank You all for the replies.

chub_tor 08:11 01 Mar 14

onthelimit1 that was a mistake on my part, I should have read the ad more closely, blame it on jet lag. I've been in the USA for 6 weeks which is why I haven't posted lately.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…