Connecting HpyerPen 6000 - Serif

Sir Radfordin™ 17:58 24 Feb 03

Does anyone have one of these?

If so can you tell me how it connects to your PC? Someone has called me how asking how to do it, and can't really describe the options to me!

jazzypop 18:06 24 Feb 03

Via USB.

AndySD 18:06 24 Feb 03

click here

I think normally you run the cd and when it says looking you plug in the usb connection.

AndySD 18:14 24 Feb 03

Oh yes and you need to put the batterys in the pen and mouse and place them on the tablet before installing the software.

platty100 18:47 24 Feb 03

is serial port or usb .if from serif will think it will be serial as i intalled one for a friend at xmas from them
first connect it to the serial port ,then unplug keyboard then plug the hyprpen in there then plug the keyboard into the extension from the hyperpen.
if win 98 or me then put cd in and install driver ( if it is xp) you can get the driver for it here
click here
do not use the cd if it is xp cause if you install 98 driver windows might not start

Sir Radfordin™ 22:09 24 Feb 03

I'm told its got two connections. One seems to be for the serial port and the other a PS/2. Unfortunatly the laptop its going on doesn't have a PS/2. Any ideas if a converter to USB for teh PS/2 will work?

spuds 23:42 24 Feb 03

For PC Users:(A)Before you start,make sure your computer is turned off (B)Unplug the keyboard cable from the computer (C) Connect the tablet's COM/Serial port connector (3) to the computer's COM port (D)Connect the keyboard/mouse connector(4) to the keyboard socket on the back of the computer (use 5-6 pin adapter if necessary) (E) Connect keyboard connector (3) to the keyboard/mouse cable (F)Turn on your computer and you are ready to begin using your HyerPen. HyperPen is compatible with any program that runs under Windows.

For Notebook Users: (A)Before you start, make sure your computer is turned off (B) Unplug the mouse cable from the computer (if necessary) (C)Connect the tablet's COM/Serial port connector (3) to the notebook's COM port (D) Connect the keyboard/mouse connector (4) to the keyboard/ mouse socket on the back of the notebook (E) Use 5-6 pin adaptor (5)if you would like to connect additional keyboard or mouse (F)Turn on your computer and you are ready to begin using your HyperPen. HyperPen is compatible with any programme that runs under Windows.

spuds 00:02 25 Feb 03

Just checked the Aiptek site.There appears two troubleshooting sections.One is for USB and the other click here is for the serial port model. Apparently there are about six/eight HyperPen model types in circlulation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…