Connecting to home network

aca 10:34 AM 23 Jan 11

Have a network with combination of wired and wireless LAN pc's.

With one of laptops it can connect via wireless and get internet access but it wont see the other pcs on the network, and the real problem it cant see or access the shared printer (all others can).

Yet when I connect it to LAN via cable it finds and sees printer no probs.

Seems to me might be a setting in router which is a Netgear DG834PN but at a loss to see where.

Any advice gratefully received.

mgmcc 14:48 PM 23 Jan 11

While connected "wirelessly", can you find the remote computer with the printer attached if you type the remote PC's IP address directly into the address bar of "Network" (My Network Places)?

Have you got firewall software configured with IP addresses, because the "problem" Laptop may have a different IP address depending whether you're using the "wired" or the "wireless" adapter?

aca 18:35 PM 23 Jan 11

thanks mgmcc

a few weeks ago had reserved ips for particular pc/xbox's attached as getting ip conflicts so thought would try.

I released all reserved, reboot router and hey presto can now see network and print ok thru wireless connection.

not 100% how it worked but it did

aca 18:35 PM 23 Jan 11

thanks

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Google's new logo was redesigned

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites