Connecting of front USB

wobblymike 10:04 31 Jul 05

I have a case which has a cut out in the front for both USB and audio connectors - these are currently empty. Does anyone know where I can obtain a usb connector and cable set up to allow me to utilise front mounted usb - I am not too concerned about the audio connectors but if that were possible also that would be nice.

Taff36 11:13 31 Jul 05

It can be done because there have been posts about this before. (Can`t find it when you want it though!) You will need to tell us what make of computer, model and motherboard you have. The actual connection to the correct motherboard pins is crucial here. Post back and someone will no doubt pick it up from here.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:19 31 Jul 05

Header and cables wiring
click here

wobblymike 12:32 31 Jul 05

Taff36,Fruit Bat /\0/
Thanks for your interest - Taff 36 - it is not how to wire it up it is the actual USB connector and wiring harness for a pc case front that I am after. The connector itself seem to be a common size - it is a small square. does anyone know where I can get one?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:35 31 Jul 05

something like this? click here

wobblymike 12:40 31 Jul 05

Fruit Bat /\0/
Thanks for the steer - it is not what I had in mind I just want to fill the hole in the front of the case that is currently empty, however a drive bay mounted solution might be worth considering if I can't find a suitable connector to fit in the case. For clarity I am after a USB connector - it is a small square which slots into a pre fabricated hole bottom front of case and then connects via cable to the mobo header.

xquest 12:47 31 Jul 05

If you do connect USB sockets from the front of the case to the innards, make sure the cable is shielded. Mine isn't so I can't use the broadband modem via the front sockets, but have to use a rear socket (which is connected directly to the board without an intervening cable).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:48 31 Jul 05
  Taff36 13:10 31 Jul 05

I think I understand - The cut out is there but the actual plug connector plate isn`t and neither are the cables to connect to the motherboard. (Or is the connector plate there but no cables)

If the connector plate is there follow fruitbat`s link for the cables to match. I still think we need to know the motherboard to find the location of the corresponding pins for the cable but you may already have the manual.

wobblymike 22:38 31 Jul 05

Taff36,Fruit Bat /\0/

Thanks again - taff 36 you have it - The cut out is there but the actual plug connector plate isn`t.

I've tried the links offered no joy - I'm going to tick this as resolved even though it isn't it seems a lost cause. Thanks for trying guys.

keith-236785 23:47 31 Jul 05

dont give up mate, i bought one of these years ago for a Virgo case....cant remember where though but i did get one.

seem to recall it was from a online supplier in the west midlands but i cant remember exactly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…