Connecting a Freeview STB to a LCD via D-Sub

siliconbits 11:11 29 Oct 05

Has anyone ever tried to do it without soldering any bits and pieces and without purchasing any additional card? Ideas welcomed - including converters and cables.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:18 29 Oct 05

Pinout at click here if you want to make up a cable.

or buy one from click here

David4637 14:20 29 Oct 05

Sounds an interesting thing to try. What do you need to do to the laptop to view Freeview TV Channels. Thanks David

David4637 14:31 29 Oct 05

If you make your own cable which pin out config should you use on the link you gave?
Thanks David

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:41 29 Oct 05

You cannot connect into a laptop via the VGA port
This port allows a laptop to connect to an external monitor.

I assume siliconbits is trying to connect a Freeview box to an LCD monitor which is feasible.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:44 29 Oct 05

To view freeview on a laptop you need an exteral digitl tuner click here and a good aerial.

David4637 15:23 29 Oct 05

Thanks I assumed that siliconbits had found a way to view Freeview TV on his laptop. Thanks for reading between his lines. David

Newuser604 16:30 22 Jan 06

On 29 Oct 2005, FruitBat wrote that it was possible to connect a Freeview box to an LCD monitor.
I would dearly like to know how this is achieved as it would solve a current problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…