Connecting female to female molex plugs

patricktbuckley 17:11 PM 26 Jan 12

Hi I have just bought an AKASA 5xUSB front bay for my computer. The problem is that it comes with a female molex plug. All the molex plugs from the PSU are female. How can I connect them? Thanks

robin_x 17:49 PM 26 Jan 12

Male-Male adaptors/cables seem a bit thin on the ground.

How about two of these, cut and crimp or solder

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:58 PM 26 Jan 12

http://www.delock.com/produkte/gruppen/zubehoer/DelockAdapter4pinMolexmale-male65044.html

KRONOS the First 18:59 PM 26 Jan 12

Something like this is all you need, Molex .

onthelimit1 20:06 PM 26 Jan 12

Chronus

That looks perfect - well spotted!

KRONOS the First 13:14 PM 27 Jan 12

onthelimit1

I have a box full of this type of thing,cables I used in my earlier builds I have very little in my builds these days that use a molex connection but I can remember being in a similar situation as patricktbuckley, so my first port of call whenever I needed some sort of conversion cable is Ebay.

patricktbuckley 17:55 PM 28 Jan 12

Thanks to everybody for your suggestions. To my embarassment, the female molex on the Arcasa also has a male connector - what fooled me was that at the male end the cables seemed to be entering at the end. When I turned it over (having read a review on Amazon about the same 'problem'), the cables go into the bottom of the molex but very near the end. Thus, checking the end properly, I discovered a male connector. So, sorry for being such a plonker, and thanks to you all for your kindness. At least, I have been given two very good websites (1 on eBay + deLock)for future reference.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay