connecting a external hard drive towireless hub

hospeng 19:11 24 Nov 10

Could anyone advise me on how to connect an external hard drive to my wireless network hub so that I can use it as storage device rather than connecting directly via usb connection.
Many thanks.

mgmcc 08:17 25 Nov 10

I use one of these click here It connects to my router by ethernet cable and provides four USB ports. I then have two external drives and two printers connected to it, which are available to any computer in my network (although not simultaneously). To the PCs, the devices appear as though they are connected directly to one of its USB ports.

This arrangement does, of course, limit the data transfer speed to the 100Mbps of a wired LAN. If you are proposing to use 802.11g (54Mbps) wireless connections, you'll be lucky in practice to get 30Mbps. An 802.11n wireless connection at 300Mbps should be comparable to a wired 100Mbps LAN but performance will inevitably be poorer than if the drive were to be connected directly to a USB 2.0 port running at 480Mbps.

hospeng 19:25 12 Dec 10

mgmcc
Thanks for the answer, sorry its a bit late I've been on a course for work so haven't seen it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…