connecting E-IDE DVD r-rw to S-ATA 2 motherboard

drybones 21:14 28 Feb 07

Please can anyone give me any advice on connecting a dvd r/rw e-ide to a sata motherboard I have purchased a new tower unit with sata m/board and wish to use my old (6 months)dvd writer Maplins sell a device that looks the part but in the FAQ say is does not work for this purpose, has anyone overcome this problem I would welcome any solutions please

terryf 21:40 28 Feb 07

I went on ebay and searched for ide to sata converter, the one I got was a Gigabyte one, don't know whether it will fit your purpose, My mobo has both IDE and sata and I connected the dvd to ide and both disks to sata.

Ho-Lin-Sok 21:46 28 Feb 07

Are you sure you don't have any IDE controllers onboard, which motherboard is it.

Ho-Lin-Sok 21:48 28 Feb 07

Device manager should indicate the existance or not of this controller(s)

woodchip 22:06 28 Feb 07

The Motherboard may have EIDE sockets, have you looked. if not you can by a Promise PCI card for EIDE. Or this one click here

drybones 09:40 02 Mar 07

Many thanks for all the advice, the m/board is a Dell one no E-IDE conn,s at all that I can see.I cant sit at the Comp,. for many mins just come out of Hospital after Knee replacement surgery so log on's will in frequent for time being any more suggestions will be most welcome.Once again many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009