Connecting dvd rom to ide3

ksdp37 14:31 10 Mar 04

I have a MSI K7N2 Delta SATA board. In the manual, it says i can connect a CD drive to my ide3 as well as another hdd but when i do on startup, the raid utility shows up saying that no array is defined even if it isn't a hdd. Windows XP doesn't detect it. I put the dvd rw drive on master. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Megatyte 14:41 10 Mar 04

You should be able to disable RAID in your BIOS Setup.

AH

leo49 14:52 10 Mar 04

I've got the same MSI ILSR mobo and I'm trying to work out how to "activate" ide3 as well.Let me know if you find the solution and I'll do the same.

Smiler 16:48 10 Mar 04

Have you installed the “Win2000 Promise FastTrak 376 (tm) Controller” from the floppy disk.

ksdp37 09:27 11 Mar 04

Yes, i have installed the SATA drivers on winxp that were on the floppy disk. why?

Megatyte, i cant find the disable RAID in my bios.

Thanks

Smiler 16:42 11 Mar 04

Just thought that could be why XP didn't detect the dvd.

siouxah1 18:36 11 Mar 04

I have a RAID chip set by VIA/6410 on my mainboard.

I use the primary RAID 1 connector for a further HDD.(Non RAID). I do have to have the RAID drivers installed. That then recognises the single HDD during boot. It then shows up in device manager W2K.

It specifically says that the chip set does not support ATAPI devices such as CDROM DVDROMs etc.

Not sure if this has any bearing on your problem.

Regards Brianj

ksdp37 12:20 12 Mar 04

The msi website says that SATA cannot be disabled, and that ide3 is for 1hdd as master. Then why does the manual say 1cd drive as well? Bunch of idiots. Anyway, thanks for all the replies, please add more info if you do have any!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…