CONNECTING DVD RECORDER TO TV AND SKY

SPAIN1 15:51 07 Oct 07

I have just brought a dvd recorder and have tryed to connect via the instructions to my tv and sky box but i cant get it to find a channel.

My added problem I live in Spain so have a spanish tv, i have brought my dvd recorder here and my old vcr did record from sky tv has any body any ideas?

DieSse 16:43 07 Oct 07

DVD recorders usually connect via a SCART cable - as presumably you did with your VCR.

There's no "finding a channel" to do - you need to select the SCART input on the DVD. It's usually AV or EXT on the remote.

Having a Spanish TV is neither here nor there as long as you use SCART cables throughout.

SCART from Digibox to TV (from the Digibox TV SCART)

SCART from Digibox to DVD (from the Digibox VCR SCART).

The only problem comes if you want to record Spanish TV from the aerial - then you would also need a Spanish DVD recorder, as the Sound IF frequency is different.

DieSse 16:46 07 Oct 07

PS - can you get Channel 5 where you are - if not let me know and I'll tell you how to.

Also - although Channel 4 is a very weak signal, the new Channel 4+1 signal is stronger, and so usually better.

SPAIN1 11:12 08 Oct 07

Thanks for the help I can now record. I can receive channel 5 although when it rains its a terrible picture and yes we do get better picture channel 4+1.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…