Connecting a DVD player to a PC

pienter 17:20 25 Jan 04

My granddaughter has bought a DVD system with speakers and wishes to connect this to her PC using the monitor. The instruction manual shows various ways of connecting the player to a TV but not to a PC. Am I right in assuming that the PC would have to have a DVI connection such as that on a Radeon All in Wonder card which presumably converts the DVD player output into the correct input for the monitor?

The manual does say that some monitors are equipped with 'component video inputs' and shows how player and monitor can be linked using a two jack audio cable and a three jack video cable (neither supplied), but there are no appropriate sockets on her monitor.

I have also seen a Philips DVD player advertised which claims to be connectable to a PC via USB. Presumably the necessary electronics in this case are incorporated in the player or is the computer also here required to have a special card?.

All of the helproom threads seem to relate to connecting a PC DVD to TV.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…