Connecting Computers

dublincity 07:34 10 Apr 04

I am trying to learn something about the theory (on this, I’m a dunce) and practicalities (on this too, I’m a dunce) of connecting my new PC (OS Win XP Pro) to my old PC (OS Win ’98 SE).

Systems Diagnosis reports tell me that on both PC’s I have 1 LPT Port and 2 (old PC) or 3 (new PC) COM Ports. All that registers with me is that on the old PC the USB’s are old and on the new PC they are USB 2’s.

Can anybody recommend a website for beginners that will help me out? Many Thanks.

howard60 07:38 10 Apr 04

you are on the best site for beginners and anyone else. There are many ways of connecting pcs. You can buy a usb connecting cable that will work with both pcs that are close together or you can buy network interface cards for each pc and then get a crossover cable to connect them or you can get the new wireless network cards so no cable between.

Satmansq 08:05 10 Apr 04

Hi here are some sites that i picked up to research similar material;
click here
click here
click here

Hopeyou find your answer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…